We envision being a church that is a lighthouse for all people of all ages, helping to form one another in Christ.
In 1867 a mission venture began in East Waco led by Waco University faculty, students and President Rufus Burleson. As a result, on May 9, 1868, East Waco Baptist Church was chartered with Benjamin Walker as pastor. In 1895, under the leadership of pastor George W. Truett, the church relocated to 500 Turner Street. In 1914, the name was changed to Turner Street Baptist Church. In 1960 the church relocated to its current property location. On March 5, 1961, the name was changed to Westwood Baptist Church. On August 29th, 2018, the name was changed to Westwood Community Church.
Westwood Community Church holds to the Southern Baptist Convention Statement of Faith.